Barclays Plc is a bank holding firm that offers retail banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth management services. The company is divided into two divisions: Barclays UK and Barclays International. The Barclays UK section includes retail banking operations in the United Kingdom, consumer credit cards in the United Kingdom, wealth management in the United Kingdom, and corporate banking for smaller firms. The corporate banking franchise, the investment bank, the US and international card business, and international wealth management are all part of the Barclays International section. Barclays was established in 1690 and is headquartered in London, England.
- Trading at a discount of 35.8% to our estimate of its true value
- Revenue is expected to grow at a rate of 5.42% every year.
- Earnings have increased by 31.8% per year during the last five years.
- When compared to peers in the industry, the stock is trading at a good price.
- Earnings are expected to fall by 1.4% per year on average during the next three years.
- Unstable dividend history
Price: The stock price of Barclays PLC (LON: BARC) has increased by more than 8% in the last week, while the year-to-date (YTD) price increase is 2.17%. Meanwhile, BARC stock’s 1-month trading range was almost between 144.92 GBX and 164.60 GBX, and it has now risen over its 200-day moving average.
On the daily chart
- The Moving Averages Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator for Barclays PLC (BARC) is 2.04, indicating that the stock is a sale.
- The 20-Day exponential moving average for Barclays PLC (BARC) is 157.55, while the share price is 156.16p, indicating a Sell.
- The 50-Day exponential moving average for Barclays PLC (BARC) is 155.72, and the share price is 156.16p, making it a Buy.
On the Weekly Chart
- The Moving Averages Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator for Barclays PLC (BARC) is -0.71, indicating that the stock is a sale.
- The 20-Day exponential moving average for Barclays PLC (BARC) is 155.49, and the share price is 156.16p, making it a Buy.
- The 50-Day exponential moving average for Barclays PLC (BARC) is 156.67, and the share price is 156.16p, indicating a Sell.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) for PLC (BARC) is 49.91, indicating a Neutral signal.
- The Trend Strength Indicator (ADX) for PLC (BARC) is 9.21, indicating a Buy signal.
- The Commodity Channel Index (CCI) of Barclays PLC (BARC) is 40.32, indicating a Neutral signal.
- The Price Rate of Change (ROC) for Barclays PLC (BARC) is 1.00, indicating a Buy signal.
The market capitalization of Barclays PLC (LON: BARC), a British international universal bank, is roughly 24.25 billion GBP. The bank presented its first quarter (Q1) 2023 earnings and revenue report in late April 2023, reporting that its net income was more than 1.78 billion GBP. The most recent dividend was 0.05 GBP per share. The current Dividend Yield (TTM) is 4.65%.
Earnings per share (EPS) in Q1 2023 were 0.13 GBP, compared to 0.10 GBP expected, representing a 32.98% surprise. Despite an expected number of 6.78 billion GBP, revenue for the same time totals 7.24 billion GBP. The predicted EPS for the upcoming quarter is 0.08 GBP, and revenue is expected to be 6.55 Billion GBP.
Barclays PLC’s revenue in 2022 was 24.96 billion GBP, with roughly 17.87 billion GBP coming from its strongest-performing source at the time, Barclays International. The United Kingdom contributed the most to the revenue amount, bringing in 14.91 billion GBP last year.
- Short-term remark
The price structure is optimistic, but it is extremely close to the support and key area, which provides the upward guideline around 153.53 levels today. The range of 153.53–152.285 reflects a zone of greater neutrality; thus, a drop of 153.53 would preclude a bullish rating.
- Long-term remark
After a bullish increase between 128.239 and 198.862 and a downward correction of the entire rise, the price begins a new upward trend, with 171.839 as the benchmark.
Based on 11 Wall Street analysts’ 12-month price forecasts for Barclays in the previous three months, The average price estimate is 242.27 p, with a high of 320.00 p and a low of 180.00 p projected. The average price objective reflects a 48.59% increase over the previous price of 163.05 p.